Thursday 25 March 2010

Samples done

After trying lots of different methods that were not working or were not worth the effort I finally got some samples made for our sample cubes. After finally working out how to do it, I've made three sets of three samples, all are around 120bpm and all are very housey sounding. The process of creating them was quite long but I soon got into the routine of it.

Samples where made mostly on GarageBand (I would rather have used Reason but I can't afford it). After selecting the tempo and noise of the sample I then turned it into a loop and used converting software to turn it into WAV format. Next I used Audacity to make slight tempo and length adjustments to each sample so that they would all match and loop perfectly. Each set of three samples consists of a bassline loop, a beat loop and a melody loop. Each set of samples can be mixed smoothly with all the other samples I've created

I've been playing around with our new samples on our Puredata patch using only Puredata (no hardware or PICAXE). The samples seem to be working perfectly and should go very well with or cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment